WEC Alarms recognises that its day-to-day operations and products have both a positive and negative impact on the environment.
WEC Alarms is fully committed to minimising the pollution and harmful effects of its actions and products wherever practicable.
WEC Alarms is demonstrating its corporate commitment through an Environmental Management System and other environmental initiatives. As a result WEC Alarms by:
- Reviewing and understanding the environmental impact of our activities
- Ensuring that we comply with and, where practical, exceed all applicable UK, European and International environmental legislation, and any other environmental requirements to which we subscribe
- Setting environmental objectives and targets for activities having the most significant impact, which will take account of relevant UK 'Greening Government' targets, and defining means of achieving them which will improve our environmental management and performance
- Reducing energy and resource consumption by implementing effective and efficient reduction methods consistent with best practice
- Influencing and managing our suppliers and contractors to ensure that goods procured and services undertaken comply with our environmental policy
- Where reasonably practicable, avoid the use of toxic and environmentally damaging materials
- Preventing damage to the countryside resulting from the release of polluting substances
- Minimising the generation of waste and implementing recycling initiatives
- Reviewing policies and capital project appraisal processes to allow integration of environmental factors
- Ensuring that this Policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the organisation and is supported by suitable education and training
- Openly communicating our progress in reducing environmental impact to interested internal and external parties and responding appropriately to reasonable requests for information
- Periodically reviewing this Policy to take account of changes in organisation, legislation, Government targets or other internal and external factors.
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure its continuing effectiveness.